Sunday, May 4, 2008

You are how old???


We had the rare event of having a 100 year birthday party yesterday. Something that certainly will not happen again anytime soon. It was a little different because it was 2 birthdays together that equal 100 years. Michael turned 40 today...cough, cough, man I cannot believe that is true! My step-dad Kenny turned 60 years old on April 29. So it seemed like a fantastic opportunity to celebrate the 100 years combined between them.

Grammy continues to live on with her famous cake. Even my family refers to it as "Great-Grammy Cake" after having the kids refer to it as that forever. Trevor even asked me many questions about what kind of bakery she worked in. I had to break it to him that as far as I know a bakery was not mentioned on her resume...correct me if I am wrong. Although I am very curious if anyone knows the true history of where this cake came from.

Other then that we are just on cruise control trying to finish the school year, answering lotsa questions about how long till we get to go to Disneyland and keeping very busy with Girl Scouts, Cub Scouts, swim lessons and life in general.


“Last week the candle factory burned down. Everyone just stood around and sang Happy Birthday.”
Stephen Wright

No comments: