Tuesday, September 9, 2008

For my birthday...

Today Megan advised us that for her 10th birthday she wants a popcorn popper... Her birthday is 7 months away but she says she is certain she will still want a popcorn popper. It was quite cute because she started out by saying "guess what I want for my 10th birthday?" Before she could tell me I started coming up with all sorts of silly things

  • 10 one dollar bills
  • 10 socks
  • 10 nickles
  • 10 pennies
  • 10 puppies
  • 10 rocks
  • 10 crackers
"No mom I want a popcorn popper! "

We'll have to check back on that one. Although I think she was thinking about her Opa having the same popcorn popper that he got for his 10th birthday even still today...not to tell his age but many, many years later. Surprisingly it is still in working order, I do not think I have as much faith in the popcorn poppers of today but who knows. It will be a story for her children if it survives.

She also told me she would like the exact dinner we had tonight on her birthday. Not sure why she is ruminating on her birthday so much right now. I did tell her that would be just peachy but she might change her mind between now and then! What a compliment though that a boring Monday night dinner was actually Birthday quality. Wowza, I had no idea!

In case your curious what is apparently her new favorite meal it was BBQ Flank steak, homemade scalloped potatoes and sautéed summer veggies.

"The laziest man I ever met put popcorn in his pancakes so they would turn over by themselves."
~W.C Fields

No comments: