Sunday, August 17, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom-

I want to take a moment to wish my Mom a happy 29th Birthday! OK, maybe she is a little older then that-- but as a lady myself I know not to tell the truth. I swear that in her honor God sent her a beautiful day. Weather was 90+ degrees that day. She must have been very good this year to deserve that! Can you believe it? Here I just was blogging about our crappy weather and now we have a little sun! I was watching the news last night and they were talking about having "emergency cooling shelters" set up. How pathetic are we? I had to wonder what the newscasters were thinking as they reported that breaking story. The interesting tidbit that came at the end of the story was that only about 6 people took advantage of it all day! CRAZY! Yes people this is the news we have. I think Deal or No Deal is more informative then the local news!

If you do not know my Mom, she loves the sun. She is constantly nudging us on leaving the great NW and heading east of the mountains. We have guaranteed conversation by simply mentioning how awful the weather is. You would think she was born in the tropics...not Minnesota! Well the sun came out and she was so happy to drop her top and hit the highway! No she was not shamelessly flashing truckers---she drives a convertible silly! Get your mind out of the gutter. This is my mother we are talking about!

We decided this was good reason to cook a little food, drink a little wine, eat a little cake and enjoy the family we were gifted with. My sister hosted a meal Sunday. Thanks Brea! Any reason I have to not mop my floors pleases me beyond comprehension! Our Grandmother is on hiatus from Vegas so she came along to. How nice to have 4 generations together at one time.



The Birthday Mom with youngest granddaughter Avery-I see some similarity when I look at this picture

My 2nd Dad Ken and my Grandma G.G.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM! WE LOVE YOU!



“We're so busy watching out for what's just ahead of us that we don't take time to enjoy where we are.”

~ Calvin & Hobbes

No comments: