Monday, August 4, 2008

You went to the hottest state in the country during the hottest month of the year for what?

I do not know much about racing but I thought I would share some pictures from Michael's trip to Birmingham, Alabama. He was able to be right in the pits thru out the race so he got some great pictures. Unfortunately the Gainsco car lost its clutch and was unable to finish the race. To bad since they are frequently a very strong competitor in this series. 

View from the pits

Jonny, Eric and Michael


When traveling between races the car rides on top of the work area. I thought that looked pretty genius! 

This is Michael's friend, Eric, doing whatever he does on the computer. I think it has something to do with watching how the car is performing and analyzing the data being transmitted from the car. 
Did I mention that this is the same racing series that Patrick Dempsey races in? Very Dreamy, don't you think? Not bad for a guy that had no real career for about 10-15 years. I would say he bounced back nicely!

I might be up for a trip to the race next year in Mexico City. I am sure there would be plenty to keep both of us busy! Better start saving our pennies now!


Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement. 
~Henry Ford

No comments: