Thursday, June 25, 2009

Goodnight Angel


Mary Farrah Leni Fawcett (February 2, 1947 – June 25, 2009)

The reason that the all-American boy prefers beauty to brains is that he can see better than he can think.
- Farrah Fawcett

Many 40-something men will be sad today. I am sad a little too. Sad that she died of a cancer that was probably treatable but possibly ignored because it was not beautiful like her. Do not ignore troublesome symtoms because they are embarrassing.

If you have a concern or symptom that last longer then a couple weeks--see your doctor. Then if your are dismissed but your symptoms continue...become a pain in the ass! You need to drive the bus that is your medical care.

Enough preaching from me, now I am off to find something extra irreverent for tomorrow to make up for my sermon today. It's just cuz' I like you though!

5 comments:

The Good Cook said...

Tamis,

Sound Advice. Thank You.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting this Tamis! You are so right - many, many of us have found ourselves in serious situations because we didn't advocate enough for our health.

I didn't realize that Farrah had passed away. May she rest in peace.

Dixie said...

Actually... there's a lot of old boys in their 50's that had that poster on their walls when they were in their 20's... I know my hubby had her hanging above his bed just before we married...

she was a special gal... a little strange... but special...

Evil Twin's Wife said...

I'm always prattling on to people about being their best health advocates (and also for their children). No one else will do it if you (the patient) don't stay on top of it.

The Pink Geranium or Jan's Place said...

I think more people need to read this post..if it could make just one person stop and think, and maybe save their life...