Tuesday, March 24, 2009

recovery is bliss?

Well, another school day has come and gone with a sick child still home...sick. I have not been to work in...let me look at the calendar...12 days. Thank goodness I had some days off scheduled for a fun mini-vacation-that worked out well. For 12 days I have been home dealing with sick children and been sick myself. I also have had a sick husband although he resists all suggestions so the dealing part is minimal- he is pretty good at quarantining himself and just plowing through.

The good news is that, I think, by tomorrow (knocking on my desk now) they will all be back at school. This is perfect timing because I HAVE to go back to work on Wednesday. At least a break from all this you may think. Those who may not know me personally may miss the humor I have to find in this situation. 12 days at home taking care of sick kids---tomorrow I go back to work and take care of more sick people. I will again be dosing them with Motrin, giving nebulizer treatments, taking temperatures and trying to assure them this truely will not last forever- even though it feels that way. Oh, the joys of being a nurse during the cold and flu season. At least they will pay me for my time - the bummer is I can't do it in my jammies.


2 thumbs up for healthy kids!

3 comments:

Evil Twin's Wife said...

That's awesome that you could get all that time off to tend to your kids! I've often thought being a nurse would be fun, but then I remember that I don't like touching people I don't know much and ::poof:: there goes that thought! LOL.

Tamis Marks said...

I feel very lucky that my job allows me a lot of freedom. I only had to call in sick 1 time in the 12 days.

It would be very hard to be a nurse and not like/tolerate touching people. Some days I would like to not touch them either! They smell or leak icky fluids--those days I wish I was an accountant.

You crack me up. Thanks for visiting me!

sparkzspot said...

Hi friend.. Interesting post.. Nice blog work.. keep it up..
will drop by your site often.. Do find time to visit my blog and post your comments..
Have a great day.. Cheers!!!